A second Legoland opened in Germany in 2012. It is called Legoland Discovery Centre and it is in Berlin. The first Legoland in Germany is close to Munich.
Berlin’s Legoland is in the centre of the metropolis and it is a building. So it is much smaller, with no huge areas. Berlin’s Legoland is located on Potsdamer Straße 4, close to the Branderburg gate. The closest station is “Potsdamer Platz Bhf” where there is a tram, a bus and an underground station.
What you can see there:
- LEGO® MINILAND Star Wars™ - “Mini” world from Lego in the style of STAR WARS™ episode 1.
- LEGO® MINILAND - Classic mini world from Lego, there is a small model of Berlin built from 2 million bricks.
- LEGO® 4D cinema - you can watch a 4D movie “LEGO® Legends of Chima™.“
- Dragon roller-coaster – It is in the building, so it is smaller – the coaster has a dragon head and goes through a castle.
- Merlin’s school – Children can to fly / levitation by using their own mass to help.
- Testing centre – Here you can build your own model and test it.
- Ninjago training arena
- LEGO® DUPLO playground
- LEGO® akademie – it is possible to meet with a specialist in Lego sets and look at their tricks – but it is in German only.
- Coffee shop – parents can rest and children can play with the Lego bricks there.
Prices and entrance
The price of a ticket depends on the time when you come. Once you are there, you can stay as long as you want. If you come in the morning it will be cheaper than if you come in the afternoon.
A good tip is to buy a ticket online – it is 50% cheaper than buying it at the entrance. The price of entrance is from 9 to 12 Euros. The most expensive it is between 2 – 3 pm. You can buy a ticket online here. It is possible to buy a ticket to other Berlin attractions as well:
- Berlin Dungeon http://www.thedungeons.com/berlin/en/
- Sea life http://www.visitsealife.com/berlin/en/
- Madame Tussauds http://www.madametussauds.com/berlin/
It makes no sense to go to Berlin only for one day. There are a lot of places and attractions, so stay there a few days. It is possible to book accommodation in Berlin at Booking.com.
We also recommend visiting the Tropical Islands, which is close to Berlin.
Official website: http://www.legolanddiscoverycentre.de/berlin/