Europa Park is one of the biggest and most beautiful amusement parks in Germany. It is close to Rust town close to France and Switzerland. It is very huge so plan more days for your visit (two are minimum).
Europa Park is named by its theme – the whole park is divided to themes of parts of Europe. There is, for example, the Poseidon water splash in the Greek part, as well as a taverna.
Attractions in Europa Park
Europa Park is divided into 15 themed parts. 13 of them are “countries”, the 14th is “Arthur country” and the 15th is “Children world”. A selection of the themes follows:
- Actions tour – adrenalin attractions. The main attractions here are different roller coasters in the lead with a giant roller coaster, which is the highest in Europe. Its name is Silver Star and it reaches a height of 73 meters. In some places, you ride at speeds of up to 130 km/h and experience a force of 4G. Another roller coaster in the Russian zone is inspired by the Mir space station, and apart from the classic motion rollercoaster, it will be your rover to rotate around its own axis. It is an adrenaline rush just to experience the food. In the English Zone there is a special restaurant where we ordered food which arrives in a closed pot especially for the rollercoaster. Final appetizer - you dare to ride in a rollercoaster at a speed of 100 km/h, which is not made of iron, but from wood. You can find it in the section dedicated to Iceland.
- Pleasure tour – different forms of adventure attractions. Do not miss a ride on the closed ground train that drives you around the park. There is a special ice station with an ice show (various performances are held here) in the Greek part of the park. Trains are always an amusement, but have you ever rode in a veteran? It is located in the German section of the park called Vintage car. And if you get hungry, you can visit the medieval castle restaurant or the rustic-style restaurant.
- ARTHUR tour – themed attractions characterized by Arthur. Here you will find several attractions for children in the park, which is built in true Arthurian style. And it's not an exaggeration - a relatively large portion of the park is fully furnished in this style.
- Family tour – attractions for families. Here, you can fly with your children in an airplane inspired by the drawings of Leonardo da Vinci, visit a gallery or a theater performance of fairy tales. And you certainly cannot miss the whole "Children's World" which is dominated by various slides from several towers.
- Show tour – various shows, especially a theater. For example, you will find musical variations of ABBA, an illuminated musical fountain or a performance of the Chinese national circus
- Summer tour – especially suitable attraction in the summer - especially with water. Have you ever been on a rollercoaster but in the water? So it is Poseidon's water coaster. Or you will become of the ship and sit down for water cannon to hit everything off the ship? Even if you did, at the end of the cruise will be wet from head to toe.
And what about the other water roller coaster that takes you 30 meters high and reaches a downward speed of 80 km/h.
There are a lot of attractions in Europa Park and two days will not be enough, if you want to try everything. It's better to stay a week. Attractions can easily be searched on the interactive map below:
Online map to open here
The park offers permanent attractions and planned shows of music or other stars, known especially in Germany.
Europa Park, unlike other parks, is open all year round. Some attractions are open only in the summer and others in winter only. In winter, there are a few less attractions open and so the ticket price is lower in winter. But on the other hand, have you ever been to an amusement park in January? It could be an interesting experience.
Admission and opening hours
Admission varies by season. The park is open all year round: the summer season is usually from early April to early November and is open from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (during the holidays is usually open until 8:00 p.m.). The winter season covers the rest of the year (November to March) and the opening hours are 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. It is closed only on Christmas holidays. Detailed information is available at the official site of the park.
- Children under 4 years - free
- Children 4-11 years - 36Eur summer / winter 30EUR
- Adults - 41Eur summer / winter 35Eur
- Seniors over 60 years - 36Eur summer / winter 30EUR
- Children under 4 years - free
- Children 4-11 years - 67,5Eur summer / winter 51Eur
- Adults - 77Eur summer / winter 60EUR
- Seniors over 60 years - 67,5Eur summer / winter 51Eur
Children have free admission on their birthday- you need to show proof with a birth certifcate or a passport.
Parking will cost you € 5 per day. If you order one of the hotels in the park, you get free parking.